Austin Area Jazz Festival FAQs
We understand you may have a few questions about this year’s festival, and we want to make sure everyone is ready on the day of the event. Please take a look at the FAQs below, and if you have any additional concerns, please feel free to reach out to us via email at email@example.com.
The Austin Area Jazz Festival (AAJF) is an annual event that shows the importance of art, our love for the Austin area, the impact of diverse cultures, and of course, the best in smooth jazz. We bring together legendary national acts with talented up-and-coming musicians. The result is always a great show, and a musical experience that is second to none!
The 2021 Austin Area Jazz Festival will take place on November 27th – 28th at the Millennium Youth Entertainment Complex and the Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center.
The Austin Area Jazz Festival primarily focuses on the best in smooth jazz. Check out our past years line up here . More information on 2021 line up coming soon.
We’re glad you’re interested in volunteering for the 2021 Austin Area Jazz Festival. Please complete our Volunteer Application here.
2021 ticket information coming soon!
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Apple Pay, Android Pay, and cash (at the box office) can be used to make your purchase.
If you’re interested in covering the Austin Area Jazz Festival, please complete our Media Credential Request Form or select “Media” from the “Get Involved” drop-down menu.
If you’ve misplaced your digital tickets, you have the ability to reprint it. However, once the ticket has been scanned, it will no longer be accepted.
Tickets for the Austin Area Jazz Festival are non-refundable.
We have worked very hard to partner up with some awesome food vendors, so outside food and drinks will not be allowed.
As the saying goes, “The show must go on.” The participants of the 2019 Austin Area Jazz Festival will perform, rain or shine!
We certainly understand wanting to have memories of AAJF, but professional audio and video equipment is not allowed. This includes any equipment with external microphones. We have connected with some great photographers and videographers, so we’ll take care of the recording so you can enjoy the show.
With the exception of service animals, pets are not allowed.
Everyone entering AAJF is subject to being searched, along with any bags they may have with them. We all want to have a fun and safe environment, so there are items that are prohibited. Please view the Rules and Regulations listed below.
We appreciate your interest, but we are no longer accepting vendor submissions for this year’s festival.
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring the Austin Area Jazz Festival. Please contact 512.541.6297 for more details.
The VIP Wine Experience is included with every VIP Ticket. All you have to do is purchase your VIP ticket, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Rules and Regulations
Total upright chair height (including legs and entire length of chair backs) may not exceed 37”.
- Please note this rule is strictly enforced and subjects will be subject to removal without refund.
- GA seating is on the Zocolo and concrete areas, chairs are permitted without canopies or covers.
- Factory sealed plastic beverage containers.
- Empty camelbak/hydration packs.
- Plastic or paper cups.
- Small soft coolers, 6-pack size or smaller.
- Small pocket size umbrellas (any umbrella deemed oversized, festival staff will have removed)
- Cloth bags-soft packs preferred.
- Allowed food pre-sliced fruit/vegetables/small snacks.
- Binoculars, seat cushions.
- Children 12 and under are free with ticketed adult in General Admission Area only.
- No tents or tent like structures.
- No illegal drugs.
- No weapons.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No glass or aluminum cans.
- No large ice chest or coolers.
- No large or hard sided coolers.
- No filled hydration packs/camelbacks.
- No large umbrellas.
- No chairs with canopies or covers or any attachments over 37”.
- No frisbees, confetti, bullhorns, noisemakers, laser pointers (will be confiscated and patron subjected to ejection).
- No luggage, carts or wagons.
- No dogs or pets allowed.
- No smoking in the venue.
- No drones.
- No unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc. Any not allowed items inside the venue may be confiscated and the festival-goer subject to eviction.
The Festival reserves the right to change, alter or add any festival rules at any time without prior notification.